Re: Fireworks 2 problem

by jdowdell(at)macromedia.com (John Dowdell)

 Date:  Mon, 19 Apr 1999 12:50:22 -0700
 To:  "Hwg-Graphics@Mail. Hwg. Org" <hwg-graphics(at)mail.hwg.org>
  todo: View Thread, Original
At 8:33 PM 4/16/99, Heidi S Shetzer wrote:
> On some of our computers when students clicked File--Export, the next
> window they got was missing the left column.  It happened on 5 computers
> but not the rest.  Is there a way to hide and then show the left column
> of the Export window?  Just wondering...

No, there's not a way to hide the control settings for the Export Preview.

Best guess I might have is that they were instead looking at the Animation
page, rather than the Options page, but that's a weak guess on my part.

You might check into what's different about those five computers. They
might be very low on system resources and not be able to display the
contents of windows, for instance.

(There's not a standard symptom of window contents not appearing on
some-but-not-all-machines, if that's of help... that symptom isn't familiar
to me, so I'd recommend checking into the nature of those particular five
machines to find what's causing the unusual symptom.)

> We just installed Dreamweaver 2 and Fireworks 2 on 30 computers...
> Also, is anyone familiar with the instructors kits for Dreamweaver
> 2 and/or Fireworks 2?

Hmm... the only 30-pack installer I know *comes* with instructional
material, in the Web Design 101 packages. Is this not what you have
there...?
(More info: http://www.macromedia.com/macromedia/events/ )

jd